Canadian Bacon Meals

Jon Des.

TVWBB Gold Member
I made a few pounds of Canadian bacon back when I made bacon for Christmas presents, and recently got around to trying it. Since the weather hasn't been exactly barbecue-friendly around here lately, I thought I'd share these.

Eggs Benedict and Bloodies for dinner last week.
3ca9b094.jpg

Quick Egg McMuffin for breakfast today.
45c3500e.jpg

In case you're wondering, it's even easier to make than regular bacon and sooooooo much better than storebought. Maybe even more so than regular bacon.

What I'm wondering: why does Canadian Bacon always seem to be paired with English Muffins? I'd guess the Queen mandated this, but I believe Canadian bacon is an American thing.

Thank for looking!

That looks like quite a breakfast. I'm a big fan of Canadian bacon on breakfast sandwiches. I think it's paired with English muffins so often because it fits so perfectly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">why does Canadian Bacon always seem to be paired with English Muffins? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same approximate size?
And this is amazing:
45c3500e.jpg

The term Canadian bacon is largely an American term, in Canada bacon is side, or belly, strips like in the US. What y'all term as Canadian bacon is called back bacon, or peameal bacon in Canada. I believe the origin of this style of bacon is actually Ireland and it made its way into north America via Canada...hence the term Canadian bacon.

Whatever you call it yours looks amazing!

Thanks for the comments everyone! I really am looking forward to make a much larger batch of Canadian Bacon shortly. Maybe I can come up with some meals that will take C.B. from breakfast to dinner.

Back