Oven Roasted Potatoes

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
Yesterday I rotisseried a turkey breast on my new EZQue and made these potatoes as a side dish. My wife raved and said they were fantastic and that I should post the recipe, This only makes 3-4 servings so you may want to adjust for larger crowds.

Side note to Kevin and Charles – I was a bit rushed so did not have time to roast fenugreek seeds – just used the ground powder….. as Charles says – I did not have enough “prep time” planned. Ha! Time also kept me from trying these on my gasser or my WSM… maybe next time.

Ray

Recipe follows:

Oven Roasted Potatoes

5 medium sized potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 ½ inch pieces

4 to 5 TBS extra virgin olive oil
6 to 8 cloves garlic – peeled and coarsely chopped
1 TBS ground coriander
1 TBS ground fenugreek
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Put all ingredients in a casserole and mix together to get everything coated with oil and spices. Bake for 40 minutes.

Remove casserole from oven and stir. Return to oven and cook another 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

Remove, stir, and serve.

Fenugreek is a seed of eastern Mediterranean origin. It is frequently used in African and Indian cuisines (it is a common in many curry powder blends). It has an intersting maple-like flavor. I use it in a rib rub and wrote more about it here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is "fenugreek" never heard of it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

James,

Fenugreek is a very flavorful herb that adds a different taste to your recipes. The seeds are more difficult to find, but I get them from Indian Markets or at specialty food stores. If you use Kruger's method of toasting the seeds and then grinding them, you get more flavor than if you use ground fenugreek.

However, if you have trouble getting fenugreek in Canada, you can get ground fenugreek from Penzeys.com and you will get most of the flavor.

Ray

Back