Spicy Oriental Salmon

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
DSC00327_r.jpg

2 pound salmon filet from Costco in Jacksonville, FL. Marinated for 4 hours in Mr. Yoshida's and Terriyaki sauce. Rubbed the salmon with a fresh lemon on both sides. My wife loves fish, but does not like the smell of fish, so out comes the lemon. Yes, you are seeing correctly that is jalepenos, along with some peppers and will be grilling some zuchinni and summer squash.

DSC00329_r.jpg

Already for the grill. Seasoned with garlic pepper and dill. Put a little pat of butter under each pepper, and in the middle. Added the jalepenos in each pepper ring and put some sliced onion on top.

DSC00330_r.jpg

Marinated the squash in Newman's olive oil and vinegar dressing. Seasoned with garlic pepper and Willies Hog Dust. Found that at Whole Foods in Jacksonville and it says it is good on everything, so we will see.

DSC00333_r.jpg

Grilled with a chunk of pecan and a chunk of maple. Maintained grill temp of around 300 for 1 hour. Cooked to 150 internal.

DSC00335_r.jpg

Going to tent it and rest while the squash is grilling. Sure wish I had the 26 3/4 or I probably should have used the hovergrill that I got with the smokenator.

DSC00336_r.jpg

Squash was grilled at 325 for about 40 minutes.

DSC00340_r.jpg

Letting it rest for a few minutes, before plating.

DSC00343_r.jpg

Ready to eat! Definitely a good meal, that was very filling and yes the Willies Hog Dust added a great flavor to the squash.

Thanks for looking! Going to do my first Tri Tip Roast tomorrow, thanks to Justin W on suggesting to check Costco for Tri Tip.

Wowww.....great cook Mike. I envy you having a wife that will eat fish. Rhonda (my wife) just isn't a fish person, so I seldom get a chance to eat it, and I grew up on seafood. I miss having fish on a regular basis.

BTW, love the dinnerware as well.

Good looking salmon! My wife doesn't eat much fish and no seafood either. She does eat a lot of fresh grouper when we go to Florida. She knows I like it and I grill it often. When I do fish or seafood for dinner - she eats Cheerios r I grill something else for her.

Back