Genesis Colored Grills

Jeff S

TVWBB Pro
It is getting time to replace my uniflame and of course I want a Weber. I have had my eye on the Gensis line. I love the black and the blue one. Can anyone attest to how the colors stand up over the years? I belive it says that it is coated steel???? I just wonder it if will look that good after a year or 2. Also, what is the life expectancy of Webers Gas grills?

The uniflame is getting replaced b/c I cannot get the temp over 300* with all 4 burners going. One day when it was 100* outside, she did get to 400*. It has to go!

Oh, you think I will regret going from a 4 burner to a 3 burner?

Historically, the porcelain enamel coated steel lids have held up very well. My father is still using the red Weber Genesis 2 I bought in 1992 and it looks great. My Weber Summit 450 in black looks great after 5 years of use.

I think the solid colors are a good bet. Only time will tell how the new copper metallic color will hold up. I expect we may see more such special finishes in the future.

Regards,
Chris

I've got a Red Genesis 3 burner, its a conglomeration from a couple grills but the lid is off a 1991 model and in still very bright condition. Also picked up a Blue Genesis with a 1991 date,and the lid is in great shape the owner did take good care of it, but the bottoms just corrode out. He bought a Ducane and was regretting not buying a Weber, as he helped load it in my trailer!

Weber just redid the line for 07, don't know if you'll see much new for 08. If you can find an 07 at a deal cause it's the end of summer, jump on it.
icon_smile.gif

I can't comment on the life span but my in-laws picked up a new blue EP-320 this summer and it's a nice looking grill.

The porcelain hoods hold up very well. I wouldn't hesitate to have one.

But if I got a new Geneses, I would want EP-310 or EP-320. This has the Porcelain hood, but comes with the stainless grates and bars. The standard E-310/320 have PCI grates (which are good) but enameled bars, which aren't that great.

Back