Thinking of getting a Rotisserie...

michele p

TVWBB Pro
If you have one, do you recommend it?
My husband thinks I am crazy (because of the price) but I am really interested in getting one.
icon_confused.gif

I have one for my Genesis and use it a few times each year (it's the basket-type).
I've even put cobs of corn in it
icon_smile.gif

I love it!
...and really Michele, do you really care if he thinks you're crazy??
icon_biggrin.gif

The last weird look I got from Liz was when my CIGs arrived. Not that they produce the final product, but they make it look pretty, and she knows that.

Ditto. But I use it relatively often (when actually home). I prefer the basket type as well. I have one for the Platinum, another battery-operated for camping. From here.

I purchased one a few months ago. I am very happy with it. It hasn't seen quite as much use of late since I do not have an optimal set-up at this time and need to haul things out from the garage. This will eventually change.

Anyhow, I am pleased with the purchase. I have the standard Weber roti for the kettle.

get one. I do not use mine a lot BUT, when I do im like "why dont I use this more often" If your patient you can find deals. I had two friends order new ones for the 22.5 brand new from a Dallas CL for $60 plus shipping!! I bought mine 1 month prior for full price. Im a lways aday late on those kinda deals. But even full price...i have no regrets. Also convince yourself over a cocktail this is an investment, thats how i buy most of my stuff
icon_cool.gif

I use a rotisserie, mainly for chicken (particularly Huli Huli chicken). It does make for a juicy bird. At first I didn't use it a lot, but I've gotten more comfortable with it and, hence, have used it more often as of late.

I think Michele has already made up her mind about getting one but is going to the board for "independent and unbiased" advice. I would do the same thing.

I vote yes, and I don't even have one. From the pictures I've seen on this board, they look like a great tool. I've got a rotisserie for my gasser...but doing a rotisserie chicken over charcoal, man that sounds like heaven.

Originally posted by michele p:
If you have one, do you recommend it?
My husband thinks I am crazy (because of the price) but I am really interested in getting one.
icon_confused.gif

I have one and use it. I think its a good addition to any bbq outfit. I don't think it outrageously priced ? Now The Green Egg I'm looking at , now that is outrageously price imo .. heh heh

If you're talking about a rotiss for the Weber Kettle - go for it!

They work great for cooking "yard-bird".
My FIL has one, and sometimes cooks-up about 3 birds at once, and calls us to pick one up.

I think that they come out faster, juicier, and better than indirect.

it would be nice if the person asking the questions or posting the original thread would participate in the discussion. rather a dead end issue if not.

Michelle, Hi Mate,
The Rotiss is a great add on to the Kettle/Gasser, it adds another dimension to your BBQ prowess, I don't use mine all the time but do use it. When you get bored with the same old food on the BBQ it really comes in handy.
Imagine this. Sunday morning, blue skies and the promise of a beautiful day and think you would like to get together that afternoon with a few friends for a drink and a late lunch or an early dinner. Down to the supermarket and get two chickens and brine them for 4 - 5 hours. Dry and season them, fire up the performer and put the chickens on the rotiss for 1 1/4 hours or so. Friends arrive, you sit down and serve the fresh rotiss chicken with buttered crusty rolls, cold sliced tomato and glasses of champagne or sparkling wine. - A perfect Sunday.
I have the Weber model and want to upgrade it to use the Ezy-Q grill basket if I can get one sent to Australia.

Cheers

which one are you wanting and for what unit ?
I am looking for one for the performer, originally I was looking at the regular kettle rotisserie, but the basket one looks interesting.
I am not too good at trussing, maybe that one might work a little better for me.
Another question for those that have one, if you don't mind....
Lets say you are cooking a rib roast, would you use the rotisserie? Why or why not?
I just want to make sure I'll want it for more than chicken.

Originally posted by george curtis:
it would be nice if the person asking the questions or posting the original thread would participate in the discussion. rather a dead end issue if not.

Not to be flamitory, but is it possible she may be busy or away from the PC? She actually just asked for recommendations. I often check this forum all day, however there are times I can not check for several days.

Not to be flamitory, but is it possible she may be busy or away from the PC? She actually just asked for opinions. I often check this forum all day, however there are times I can not check for several days.
Thank you, I was unable to get on my computer.

Originally posted by michele p:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">which one are you wanting and for what unit ?
I am looking for one for the performer, originally I was looking at the regular kettle rotisserie, but the basket one looks interesting.
I am not too good at trussing, maybe that one might work a little better for me.
Another question for those that have one, if you don't mind....
Lets say you are cooking a rib roast, would you use the rotisserie? Why or why not?
I just want to make sure I'll want it for more than chicken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Michele
I also use mine for Lamb, Beef, and Pork. Pork is especially good on the Rotiss. Because the pork I get is boned and rolled the basket would be a much better option. I want to give Peking Duck a go on the rotiss, I found a grat recipe on the net but they werte cooking it in an oven.

Cheers

Thanks Phil, Pork does sound like a great option too, I have never had duck, but I have heard it is really good! If you do it, I would love to see pics!

Imagine this. Sunday morning, blue skies and the promise of a beautiful day and think you would like to get together that afternoon with a few friends for a drink and a late lunch or an early dinner. Down to the supermarket and get two chickens and brine them for 4 - 5 hours. Dry and season them, fire up the performer and put the chickens on the rotiss for 1 1/4 hours or so. Friends arrive, you sit down and serve the fresh rotiss chicken with buttered crusty rolls, cold sliced tomato and glasses of champagne or sparkling wine. - A perfect Sunday.
THAT WOULD BE A PERFECT SUNDAY!!

Back