First try at ribs

Keith Kenney

TVWBB Fan
This is my first try at ribs on the WSM.
First up is the rub. I made some up on the fly and finished with some Blues Hog sauce.
IMG_1543.jpg

up next its on to the smoker
IMG_1544.jpg

Now ready for the sauce
IMG_1545.jpg

Wife made some potato salad and Here is your plate
IMG_1546.jpg

Thanks some much for looking

Yes, the bark on the ribs looks great! Great results on your 1st try. You nailed it, for sure!!!!

Thank you all for the nice comments.
The ribs where very good but I think they where over cooked. fall of the bone cooked and moist. Not the bite and leave teeth marks that I was looking for. Family liked them so i guess it was all good.
icon_smile.gif

...and you're welcome some much Keith!
GREAT lookin' ribs man!! if the fam is hap, good deal!

Im a newbee and i love how your first try at ribs seemed awsome,the pic are great but i have one question.You rubbed the ribs and placed 3 slabs on the smoker, but how long were they on (hours) before you took off and sauced. I noticed many cooks here dont always let us know the lenth of the cook time. I thought somewhere that normal is 2-3 hours??
jerry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jerry (Ronkonkoma NY):
Im a newbee and i love how your first try at ribs seemed awsome,the pic are great but i have one question.You rubbed the ribs and placed 3 slabs on the smoker, but how long were they on (hours) before you took off and sauced. I noticed many cooks here dont always let us know the lenth of the cook time. I thought somewhere that normal is 2-3 hours??
jerry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the compliment. The rub was put on the night before and put in the frige. then they where on the smoker for about 5 hours and temp was betwwen 225 and 260 before I sauced them. These where Spare ribs so they take longer then Babybacks. But from what I have read on here they are done when they are done. Use a toothpick to poke the meat if it goes threw like butter they are done. If there is resistants they need to cook longer. I hope this helps. Also welcome to the fun Jerry

Back