Beating back Winter

Mark B

TVWBB Pro
Best way I know to beat back winter is to fire up the grill for some steaks and potatoes.

Scored some rib steaks for $3.97 a pound and seasoned with Montreal spice.

Fired the Performer, baked some potatoes on it and then grilled the steaks. Had it with a fav mushroom/garlic side and a mixed green salad. Sour cream and green onion on the bakers.

Took a photo of the plate, but it's just a steak with baked potato and green salad.

No photos of the grill in action - craig castille might ask what all the white stuff is again !!
icon_wink.gif

Sounds great Mark. What's Montreal spice? We don't get that down here.
icon_smile.gif

I may need that recipe -- we missed the snow last weekend, but some is coming our way starting tomorrow night (7-11 inches due).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
icon_smile.gif

I may need that recipe -- we missed the snow last weekend, but some is coming our way starting tomorrow night (7-11 inches due). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Montreal steak spice is a blend that you can buy in the store. It contains Salt, Spice, Dehy Garlic, Dehy Onion,Soy and Cottonseed Oil, Red Pepper.

It is the best way that I know of to grill up some Strip loin steaks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
icon_smile.gif

I may need that recipe -- we missed the snow last weekend, but some is coming our way starting tomorrow night (7-11 inches due). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Montreal steak spice is a blend that you can buy in the store. It contains Salt, Spice, Dehy Garlic, Dehy Onion,Soy and Cottonseed Oil, Red Pepper.

It is the best way that I know of to grill up some Strip loin steaks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that's the stuff. The one I have is a President's Choice brand and is quite granular. Can see some cracked coriander in it too.

Gary - that sounds like quite a dump heading your way. Bummer.

I better add the picture for Chuck. Think I will post the recipe for the garlic mushroom side. I did a quick search in the recipes forum and didn't see one like it.

IMG_0168.JPG

I love Montreal on beef........I've been grinding it a bit in a small cuisinart. It reduces it to more of a powder and it's a bit easier to apply as a rub.

Great looking meal!!!

I hear ya, I fired up the kettle for some burgers and brats on sunday. Eight hamburgers and 14 brats later, was most of the justification that I need to purchase a 26". Now the question is, how to slip it by the wife considering my 22" WSM will be here tomorrow..... Hmmmm....

I looked at a 26" once - love the stainless grill. I had to walk away before I became sorely tempted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark B:
I looked at a 26" once - love the stainless grill. I had to walk away before I became sorely tempted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm getting off topic, but my gasser is getting up there in years. When the time comes, I'm giving serious thought to replacing it with a 26" and a Q, instead of getting a Genesis.

Back