Chicken Wings question

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
I'm going to grill chicken wings for the first time for the Saints game today. I'm going to use the frank's hot wing sauce from the back of the bottle of frank's hot sauce. My questions follow:

1. Should I marinate the wings now for a couple hours with a batch of the wing sauce? or will that cause the wings to burn.

2. I plan on cooking them over a single layer of charcoal, how long will they take to cook?

3. Should I baste with the sauce the last 10 minutes or so and then toss to coat, or will just tossing the wings in the sauce be enough?

4. If I don't marinate the wings, should I season the wings prior to cooking?

Thanks,

I like to add some some dry spices before putting them on the grill. Fresh ground black pepper, white pepper, garlic (powder or granulated), cayanne. I just think it can add some more depth to the chicken. I may go heavy on the garlic since I make a garlic wing sauce to toss in. Enjoy, the charcole flavor is awesome with wings.

i cook indirect untill almost cooked and then direct to finish and crisp up the skin. then toss in the sauce. i don't use sauce though.

Thanks for the help. The chicken wings turned out awesome. Put them on directly over a single layer of charcoal and grilled them for about 40 minutes with the vents about 1/2 open which gave me about a 350 degree temp at the lid.

They turned out perfect. After they came off the grill I tossed them in the Frank's wing sauce with added garlic powder. I then ate them with a litehouse bleu cheese dip.

Now it's time for the game and I still have a few wings left for halftime.

Back