Ribolator RSC

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Wanted to do something a little different with some chicken quarters, so decided I would try to make Roadside Chicken on the ribolator.

DSC00513_r-2.jpg

Cut up chicken quarters, marinated 24 hours with the Roadside Chicken recipe found on this board.

DSC00517_r-2.jpg

Onto the ribolator and basted again as I put each piece on. Cooked at around 350 with cherry wood.

DSC00520_r-2.jpg

Ready to come off the ribolator. Internal temp between 175-185 after 45 minutes. Basted every 10 minutes with roadside marinade.

DSC00524_r-2.jpg

Waiting patiently for the rest of dinner to be prepared.

DSC00529_r-2.jpg

Plated with some texas ranchero beans and spinach salad with raspberry/walnut vinaigrette.

For my first attempt, I believe this came out good. Not quite as crisp skin as I wanted, but it was edible. My wife and her mother both loved it. The flavors of the marinade really made the difference. Will definitely make this again and maybe next time do it without the ribolator.

Thanks for looking!

Fantastic looking meal! The more I see pictures of the food coming off the Ribolator the closer I get to buying one.

Thanks all for the kind comments.
Yes sir Mr Lampe, definitely digging the ribolator.
Shaun R - Yes mounted on the 1 touch silver with the cajun ring. It can be mounted on a 22 1/2 WSM, but I don't have that one YET
icon_wink.gif

looks great Mike. they say you eat with your eyes first and after looking at your pics i'm full.

when cooking chicken on the rol it is usually done in 40-45min at 325-350 grill temp but i find if i cook it for at least an hour the skin turns crispy and it's still moist and tender.

Back