Adding a cooking grate

John Furdyn

TVWBB Pro
While watching the food network yesterday, BBQ & Chile cook off in Las Vegas.

I got a split second look at what I thought was an additional cooking grate placed on top of the top cooking grate, that "Could just be lifted off" the original top cooking grate.

I have on my ECB, use a nut, bolt and washer arrangement to add a CG on top of the original CG, but it was bolted to the original, the one on TV looked like it could just be lifted off the original CG.

Did anyone see that ? does anyone know how it's done or have you done it to your WSM ?

Any info appreciated. thanks John

You don't have a DVR to rewind and/or pause to take a closer look?
icon_redface.gif

icon_wink.gif

Tim

You might be right the fig 8 & 9, in the increase the cooking capacity, section. show an arrangement that you just set the top cooking grate on top of the carriage bolt heads, that are attached with nuts,bolts and washers to the lower CG. Sorry I should have looked there first. Lots of good stuff in this forum.

you could leave the nut bolts and washers attached to the other cooking grate

Is it possible you saw something like the first mod picture, simply turning a second top grate over and turning it 90 degrees so that the handles form the spacers?

Dudley

It is possible that's what I saw, because it seamed to me there was something that look like a support sticking out of the bottom of the top CG as they removed it.Maybe the handles of an inverted top CG ?

I'm actually on here right now because I saw the same thing on that show. It had 4 racks inside. The rack with the handle was attached to the bottom on both levels. So you could pull out two racks at a time with handles.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Furdyn:
Tim

You might be right the fig 8 & 9, in the increase the cooking capacity, section. show an arrangement that you just set the top cooking grate on top of the carriage bolt heads, that are attached with nuts,bolts and washers to the lower CG. Sorry I should have looked there first. Lots of good stuff in this forum.

you could leave the nut bolts and washers attached to the other cooking grate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes it was a lot like those pics. Thanks

Jason

At least I know now I'm not going crazy, not yet anyway. That looked like a pretty neat arrangement.

You see these things just a quick flash, I don't have anything currently hooked up to the TV to record with.

Thanks for your input.

Back