WSM in colors!!!

Chris B.

I have e-mailed Weber with a suggestion about
about offering the WSM in blue and green as well as black. I would definately buy another in green! Maybe if they get enough requests
this could happen. Anyone else interested?

Chris
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I don't think the sales would justify it. The places that stock it wouldn't want to double their inventory on this type of slow moving product.

I doubt they will ever offer a variety of colors, but I have wondered why they don't offer a special edition color for some period of time, like they did with the Homer Simpson yellow kettle.

Regards,
Chris

Why not a "Virtual Weber Bulletin Board" special edition? They should recognize the tremendous boost your board has given their product. Maybe a special color, and real wood handles with the VWBB logo heat-branded thereon?

I'd buy one.
icon_biggrin.gif

The window of opportunity to produce a 25th anniversary model (of the current 2820) is this year or next. A special color, perhaps, with a pre-drilled and plugged thermometer port in the lid, and a set of eyelets for digital probe access. Start a petition.

Ring,,,,Ring,,,,Ring,,,

Calling Weber,,,,hello,,,,

I do like the idea of a special edition WSM, that would be neat to have one with all our options already installed.

Put me down for 1 maybe 2!

Randy

I like the way you folks think!!

I would love to see a special edition WSM, something in a color other than black, factory mods, insulated version, etc.

Heck, I'd even be willing to spend a little extra to get something like that!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Put my name on the petition!!

I'd get two. One to use and one to sell 20 years from now when Chris needs some money to keep this board running. I think some nod to TVWB would be excellent. I could live without the wooden handle, but a pre-drilled hole or two for mods would be good too. The other thing I was thinking was a charcoal bowl with only one hole so you could mount a guru or a stoker and not have to tape the other two vent holes. That would be a good special order option.

Put me down for a green one with a thermometer, holes for probes and a larger water pan. I'd pay more for it...I paid 20 bucks more for a Weber kettle in green!

I'd love to see colors, wonder if a Weber rep monitors this board?

Kirt

1 - Genesis Gas
1 - WSM
1 - Performer
1 - Smokey Joe

Originally posted by Joe H.:
I'd buy a grey one, like the color they offer the performer in at crate and barrel.

Leave a black one outside, uncovered for 30 years (like I did with my Weber kettle) and it'll turn grey. (So will you... at least, that was my experience.)
icon_biggrin.gif

It's been a long time since I looked at Forest high temp stove paint. In the past, I considered them for the two special recoloring projects I did to WSMs, but they had very few color choices, none were very colorful, and I don't recall them coming in spray cans. I'm surprised to see how many brilliant colors they now have available.

Maybe someone who doesn't mind taking the risk should experiment and report the results.
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Originally posted by Chris Allingham:

Maybe someone who doesn't mind taking the risk should experiment and report the results.
icon_smile.gif
But on a Smokey Joe or an old kettle... don't use a WSM as a lab rat!!
icon_redface.gif

Back