Michigan > Midland: Bone Daddy's BBQ

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
A favorite each year at the Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off in Sparks, NV, Bone Daddy's will satisfy your urge for barbecue when you don't have the time or inclination to make it yourself. Try the spareribs or brisket.

Bone Daddy's BBQ
3216 Bay City Rd.
Midland, MI 48642
www.bonedaddysbarbeque.com

Regards,
Chris

Totally unrelated to the Bone Daddy's House of smoke chain which is what I thought you were making a reference to when I first opened the link.

My bad!

I lived in Midland for 4 years and I never ate there. Shame as I always wanted to and figured I would, but then I moved to Maryland...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Stopped by last week. Very good. Just a heads up though, their BBQ sauce and hot sauce are very similar in color, so before you put some on your sandwich taste first.

DSC04081.jpg

I picked up a jar of their rub in Sparks, when I stumbled upon the Nuggets Best of the West BBQ competition a couple of years ago. There was a huge line for their ribs, so I joined it. I remember being amazed that they hailed from Michigan - back then I thought good BBQ was only found in the South, done by big men with a mop in one hand and a beer in the other. The ribs were really good, and I just found that rub in the back of my pantry the other day - can't wait to try it!

I visited Bone Daddy's BBQ again today. We had brisket sandwiches. The portion size is quite generous. The owners are very friendly and very sincere about their barbecue.

The brisket flat is sliced across the grain, the point is sliced with the grain. The sliced meat is sauced and served on a kaiser roll. The flat was a bit dry when eaten separately. Both could have been more tender. But there was nice flavor from the maple wood used in the smoker.

Here are a few photos.

OGPTUEp.jpg

V8o640r.jpg

bdX6OLM.jpg

HPUIwgw.jpg

S1RsFQA.jpg

ITcAlqB.jpg

CmOtsNQ.jpg

OkuR5DT.jpg

t6bvwIH.jpg

Continued...

Back