Whats so Limited about my new grill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom P.

TVWBB Member
just picked up a barely used OTG from Craigslist this evening for a mere $30. I ran out of the guys house with the grill before he could change his mind. When I got home I noticed the words "Limited Edition" on the handle. While I have not had time to study the grill I did not notice anything different from my other OTG. Can anyone explain what the Limited Edition means?

It means that Weber made them in limited quanities for some specific reason. For instance, there was a Home Simpson OTG that was identified as a limited edition. It does seem a little strange that in all respects yours looks like a regular OTG except for that marking ?

Paul

It is black and besides being shiny and newer looking it looks just like my other OTG. I would not have thought it was different if it was not for a label on the handle.

If I get the serial number is there somewhere i can look it up to learn more about it?

And yes... quite a score. My wife is not to pleased to see another BBQ aplicance on the deck but she enjoys the sweet and suculent rewards.

I would send Weber cs an e-mail with the description and the serial number.

Maybe they'll offer to buy it from you for $1,000 and you'll really have a score - and a happy wife !
icon_smile.gif

Paul

The serial no. is stamped on the lid's vent. It consists of two Alpha characters (e.g. "DD") Check it out!

OK...It has a DU on the lid vent. I just emailed Weber CS and will post their response when I get it.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Wow... Weber CS is quick to respond. Here is their response:

Thanks for choosing Weber. So it is a black One Touch Gold and it has the
words "Limited Edition" on it? DU indicates the grill was made in 2002. I
would imagine the handles are plastic. Do you see any other differences? I
know some sponsors will have a grill and limited editon will be on there. Do
you see any logos? I know Jack Daniels did one.

Well... it doesn't have any logos and I can not tell any other differences... perhaps this is a mystery that will remain a mystery.

hmmm... maybe I can make some money on this... Perhaps it is a rare one-off weber accident. Kind of like that stamp with an upside down plane on it.

Any bidders out there?
icon_smile.gif

I don't see those limited editions on Weber's site, but the link looks like its from a manuel ... ? Wonder where you buy them. That Performer lid would be pretty nice.

Paul

Paul..it is from the new manual. I bought a new OTS in December and noticed the Limited edition on the cover. Called CS and they weren't even aware the manual had changed... Here's the original thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back