Problem finding right Performer hose adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuomo Pursiainen

TVWBB Member
Hi,

I just bought Performer with gas assist. I also got a Q adapter hose that the sales person said would fit Performer also. Problem is that the connector doesn't fit.

Here's a picture of the adapter I got:
weber_adapter_EUR.jpg

Here's a picture I found from Amazon:

weber_adapter_US.jpg

The end of this adapter looks like it could fit if I unscrewd the connector for the disposable bottle, is this how you are supposed to install this?

(Now the connector fits these:
Cartridge_connector.jpg

The Gas tank end is different in European bottles, but I can easily change that if I get the right connector for the Performer end.

Thanks in advance,

Tuomo

I have one of these, it is the one from Amazaon that you need... it will fit the performer
hope this helps...

Thanks for the confirmation Evan!

So when I get it, will I have to unscrew the brass connector that the disposable bottle is normally attached?

performer.jpg

well that is how it works on our US models but I , to be honest, am unsure if the connection is the same on EU models....
not sure how to verify that... sorry
Evan

tuomo, might wanna go to mybbq.net/forum/index.php? europen site. folks there have dealt with this i think and would probably know what is available to you there.

Originally posted by Evan:
well that is how it works on our US models but I , to be honest, am unsure if the connection is the same on EU models....
not sure how to verify that... sorry
Evan

No problem, I had a look on the manual from Weber US and the parts diagram seems exactly the same.

Originally posted by george curtis:
tuomo, might wanna go to mybbq.net/forum/index.php? europen site. folks there have dealt with this i think and would probably know what is available to you there.

I could not find any information about this for Performer. There was a long discussion about baby Q, but the problem is that with baby Q, you replase the whole unit (including the regulator). In performer you cannot do this (well, you can but wouldn't want) because the requlator is connected to the valve and lighting unit in Performer.

I think I'll take my changes with Amazon and order the parts from there... (of course they don't ship to Europe but luckily my friend is visiting US next week
icon_smile.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back