Monday's Grilled Porterhouse

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I've been having some issues with my home computer lately, my sole reason for posting last Monday's dinner Liz and I had.
Here are a few photos...
Bought some large Porterhouse steaks last Sunday on sale at the local Pick'nSave store. Don't really care for their meat, but thought I'd give it a look with the sale price at 5.95lb.
I seasoned them only with olive oil, Chicago Steak seasoning and fresh ground pepper.
Put them on the hot grill grates about 4 minutes a side with Poblano and red peppers. HIGH HOT HEAT!
These were monster steaks! This is an 11 inch plate it's resting on.
Anyway, it's now plated, smothered with sauteed garlic, onions and mushrooms and served with the grilled peppers, asperagus and baked Yukons.
Thanks for looking
icon_biggrin.gif

Great looking piece of cow! I'm surprised those came from the Pick, usually the don't have anything like that, or if they do, they cut the things paper thin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike R.:
I'm surprised those came from the Pick, usually the don't have anything like that, or if they do, they cut the things paper thin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Absolutely correct Mike! The main reason I stopped shopping there.
And, I usually never buy Porterhouse, but the price was great and I did ask the young man behind the meat case to uncover the cuts below. (Should have seen the look he gave me).
With the two PH cuts, I also bought up two T-Bone steaks (another cut I usually never buy) at 4.95 lb. Those are sitting in the freezer awaiting their turn for the hot grill grates
icon_biggrin.gif

Nice looking pieces of meat Jim. Need to find me some nice thick porterhouse... So far all I've found are cuts less than 1" thick. Tnx for sharing the pics...

Thanks Joe and John! Bob, Thanks too, I did hafta fight the dog off awhile
icon_biggrin.gif

I don't get it, her appetite is bigger than mine
icon_eek.gif

My God Jim - That borders on being cruel displaying a meal like that. lol. Very nice job my friend. Really looks inviting, but no invitation. But thanks anyway; I know you were thinking of us. Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Resler:
Jim those cast iron grates really do a nice job of putting sear marks on the steaks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They do Mike, and quite easy to clean too. I like to fire up the gasser and place the 4 sections inside to burn off the excess oh about every 10 cooks, just to keep em lookin nice.

Back