Chipotle Mayonnaise

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
2-3 CANNED CHIPOTLE CHILES IN ADOBO SAUCE (if small use 3)
1 TEASPOON ADOBO SAUCE
2 TEASPOONS WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
1 CUP MAYONNAISE
REMOVE SEEDS AND MINCE CHIPOTLE'S TO A PASTE. ADD ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER, STIR UNTIL COMBINED. REFIGERATE AT LEAST 8 HOURS. In a pinch, you can just fridge for 4 hrs. and use, but 8 is better. For the best flavor, mix it all up and fridge it for at least 24 hrs. before using. ENJOY

EDIT: You can add 3 or more TBS of well drained horesradish to this for even more excitement.
icon_wink.gif

I'm starting to become a Chipotle freak...I love the stuff....Your recipe sounds inviting.....What's your favorite way to use this Mayonnaise?

Anthony, i'm a helmans mayo freak so i put mayo on alot of stuff. I have used the chipotle mayo on burgers, fries, hotdogs, leftover brisket that i slice real thin and make samies out of to take to work. My wife and i used it on the chuck roll i smoked last weekend. I used Head Counry Hot BBQ sauce and the chipotle mayo on the Beff BBQ samies. Wife put in another request for the chuck roll this weekend. I use it on alot of things. Bryan

I'm a mayo freak too! And helmans is the best!

You have been talking so much about the Head Country BBQ sauce, I think I'm ready to order.

http://www.headcountry.com/

Hey, maybe they will give us a deal?

p.s. Did you receive the Dreamland sauce yet?

Ah! Helmans Now That's Good Eats. It's nice knowing that i'm not alone out there in the Ketchup eating world. (do you want ketchup for your fries? no but i will take some Helmans)
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT:: Anthony, the dreamland arrived today. Looks like i'll try it on the chuck roll.
icon_rolleyes.gif
. I'm such an idiot
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

hey Bryan, though I'm not a huge mayo fan, I am a chipotle freak so I think I gotta try this ... haven't found adobo sauce packed chipotles in my area, all I've found are dried packaged chipotles and Tabsaco brand chipotle sauce. Could you describe adobo sauce or suggest a substitute?

Shawn, here is a recipeAdobo Sauce I found several adobo sauce recipes on line and they were all the same. You will want to put the liquid minus all the peppers except 1 in the blender. Bryan

Speaking of mayo, Down in South America, specifically Chile, Helman's sells a yellow mayonnaise. Has anyone seen that around? When I was down there, it was a staple. The Chipotle mayo sounds great!.

Hey Bryan, I made this with 3 smoked habaneros, Chipotle Tabasco (and spices to approximate adobo sauce). What heat! What flavour! Really, good, thanks again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
Shawn, Habs WOW bet that cleaned the sinus out
icon_eek.gif
. Glad you liked it. Bryan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Three habs in one cup of salsa might have been lethal, but the mayo seemed to temper the heat.

Bryan, came up with a new way to enjoy the CHIPOTLE MAYO ... in smoked turkey salad sandwiches!

Made it quite simple, took the turkey bits leftover after carving, added about 1/2 plain Helman's 1/2 Bryan S CHIPOTLE MAYO, some finely diced celery, a bit of salt, a bunch of coarse ground black pepper and some dry miced onion. Mixed well, let sit overnight. Had it in fresh tray buns today with fresh tomatoe. Wow! Was that ever good! I'm sure smoked chicken would be just as good.

*** If ya'll haven't tried this CHIPOTLE MAYO stuff yet your missing out!

BTW: this post of yours has turned me into a Helman's disciple ... no more Miricle whip light for this guy, family is slowly coming around too. Also, I found a local source for canned chipotles in adobo. I bought some but have yet to try them. Thanks again Bryan

Correction: I made mine with three smoked habanero HALVES (1.5 whole habaneros)....oops

Bryan - you requested I post results of the chipotathon (see Recipe Requests) . . . the results w/photos & recipes for chipotles en adobo and chipocludos are in. Check it out if you want quality chipotles for that mayo.

Richard (who can't stand mayo)
suum quique

I have got to try this . I had some chipotle sauce at "subway " and loved it. Only in North Carolina we use "DUKES "mayo. I am sure that there are many good ones out there, but , you love what you grow up with .... and I have a can of chipotles in the kitchen now ..........SEE YA,

Rick

Well done Bryan! This recipe is the sh*t! I just made up a batch and slathered some on a bun with last weekends pulled pork....Excellent! I'll definately always have a batch made up next to the jar of Best Foods (left coast Hellmans)
icon_biggrin.gif
!

Jack, Glad to hear that you like it. I dare not make a Pork Butt or a Chuck Roll without the Chipotle Mayo for fear the wifey would kill me. She loves the stuff.
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

Well as long as we are on a Chipolte kick. Here is a dip I put together during the Summer. The ingredients are all adjustable. Kinda tastes like the Bloomin' Onion sauce at The Outback Steakhouse.

Chubs Sour Cream and Chipolte dip

16 oz sour cream
1 tbsp chipolte powder
1 tbsp finely chopped green onion
1/2 tbsp kosher salt

Mix ingredients and serve.

Back