weber q 140

Gary S Smith

TVWBB Fan
I see almost no discussion of the 140(electric) here since 2008. My two boys have moved to an apartment where they can have no charcoal or propane and since dad taught them to grill they are always dominating the grill at parties they attend and I would like to see them get something they can use at home.

Do any of you have any experience with the 140 other than seeing it at homedepot?

Specific things we would like to know are:
how does it get and how long to get there?

Is the heat as even as the q200?

and any other thing you can think of for these young gentlemen (well not too young 23 and 27).

And they both know they can come to dad's house and use the gamete of things to cook on any time they want.

thanks in advance

i have no idea though i wouldn't mind one if it was cheap. i assume that it should be ok coming from weber. check the reviews on amazon. most folks like it. just need to understand it will have limitations.

Gary - I can't ever find a Q140 at a price that I am willing to pay. I have an old Char Broil Toolbox type electric grill that I picked up at a yard sale for $10 that I use when it is pouring rain.

I have read good reviews of the "Patio Bistro" electric grill. It looks kinda like a slimmed down Weber Kettle and reportedly can reach temps approaching 600 degrees. It also is more affordable than the Q140. I suspect that the quality of construction is better on the Q140, but like George, I've never had the chance to find out first hand.

Pat

Back