What to do with some of Arby's Sauce?

Brad W

TVWBB Super Fan
I have some friends who are co-owners of the local Arbys. Due to some "technical" issues at times they give me various items. Mostly it's ketchup (1.5 gal at a time) which I use in many of my sauces but in the last week I was given 1.5 gal each of the Horsey sauce and Three Pepper Sauce. While I'll freeze them in quart size freezer bags I really don't know what to really do with them.

So I'm looking for suggestions/ideas of what to do with them. Any ideas for additions for sauces? Or maybe a marinade? Or possibly a dressing or something? So any ideas???

I am thinking that the horsey sauce could be very interesting in an Alabama-Style (Big Bob Gibson's) white sauce for chicken and turkey. It's essentially mayo, vinegar, a little dash of lemon juice, horseradish, salt, cayenne and pepper. It would seem that the horsey sauce could be blended into that instead of the touch of horseradish for a subtle kick to the sauce. I think there is a link to the White Sauce recipe in the sauces section of the forum. Not sure about the three pepper sauce but it seems that it could work in a tomato based sauce for pork.

Pat

I LIKE Arby's Horsey Sauce - it seems to have just the right amount of horseradish "kick" for some good (non-Arby's) beef.

The Arby's Sauce, to me, is a poor excuse for barbeque sauce. Sort of like the "Secret Stadium Sauce" served at Miller Park (why they have success bottling and selling it - I'll never know.) Maybe if you used it as a base for your own barbeque sauce, and "doctored it up" it might be worthwhile. It may seem wasteful, but I would just dump it.

I thought about the white sauce using the Horsey sauce and I have the cookbook so I may try that. The three pepper sauce is not the Arby's sauce (should have titled the thread differently) and I don't think it's available nation wide. On the nutritional page on the website it's listed on the regional items page.

Right now I froze everything in quart freezer bags. I've given a few bags to friends. The Horsey sauce I know will keep around as a lot of people like it and worse case I'll give it all away and/or use it myself overtime. The pepper sauce intrigues me though. I need to taste it again but thought of a pseudo-asian bbq when I tasted it when bagging.

I know it's not real BBQ sauce, but I like Arby's and their sauce. Heck if people can
like a mcrib...
icon_smile.gif

I'd love to have a gallon of Arby's horsey sauce. My dad love's horseradish but he's up in age and it don't agrue with him no more but Arby's horsey sauce he can still have.

Back