Redesign of the 26" kettle

Allen Sharar

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi Mike,

I have yet to see the new 26" kettle in person. Was the original 26" kettle used as a blueprint and then improved upon, or is this a totally new design that only shares the 26.75" designation. Thanks.

Natch, Weber has all of the old grills tucked away here and there.

For those of you that have both or have seen the old and new:

The lid now matches the more domed profile of the 18 1/2" and 22 1/2" lids. The old models it was flatter.

The One-Touch Gold feature was added (stainless blades and the ash catcher/ring replaces the dish).

Of course the lid bale and the thermometer.

The triangle at the bottom is larger to give it better footing.

The cook grate is higher within the bowl.

So basically it is an update and logical progression to the old 26 3/4". It's interesting that on the same day one person asks if there will be a stripped down model and another asks about a Performer version.

-Mike

any chance we might see a return of the old three vent system on the bottom vs that ash scraper thing? seemd to be able to control fire better on the old kettles

Amen to what Bill said. Sometimes I end up putting aluminum foil under one or two of the blades to control air flow better.

I dont' have any insight to that. As Mac has asked: http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8680024395/m/2360019395

We'll see if Weber is reading.

There has always been that discussion with many friends as to where to put the lid, hanging it on the side or a bale while tending the food. I've always maintained it should be able to be completely removable. I've seen many large family gatherings in the parks and near the lake around chicago. You'll have 2 to 3 people manning the grill, tossing and flipping tortillas, etc. When you are the sole chef, sure -you'll glide it to the side..

-Mike

Back