Ribeyes

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Came back from the desert after a weekend of quad riding and decided steak should be on the menu tonight.

Couple of ribeyes and seasoned them with some Montreal Steak seasoning I ground up in the spice grinder

P1010162.jpg

P1010163.jpg

Steaks on the grill with some zucchini and corn on the cob
P1010166.jpg

Plated with the zukes, corn and some leftover mac salad I bought from the deli
P1010170.jpg

Met my buddy from Lompoc/Santa Maria area out at the desert and he hooked me up with some red oak logs.
P1010164.jpg

Another fine looking meal John!

I grind up most of my MSS too, love the stuff, could eat it on ice cream.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Montreal Steak seasoning I ground up in the spice grinder </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. What benefits do you see in doing this?

Thanks.

John, those ribeyes look killer! I grilled a sirloin a couple weeks ago and ruined it. Not my favorite cut of beef, usually very fine-grained and very little fat. I over-cooked it (ended up slicing very thin across the grain and making it into Thai beef salad). In other words, ribeyes are on the top of my list, if just to prove to my dear wife that I really can grill a good steak!
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russell Y:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Montreal Steak seasoning I ground up in the spice grinder </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. What benefits do you see in doing this?

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I salted the steaks with it. Kind of like this method only I only added a little seasoning and didn't rinse the steaks.

http://steamykitchen.com/163-h...ci-prime-steaks.html

Back