Lemon-LimeAde

DeShawnSmith

My aunt and uncle have done a lot of catering in the past and they gave me this recipe for a very refreshing non-alcoholic beverage. It's been a hit everywhere I've made it.

Ingredients:
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 small can frozen limeade concentrate
2 liters lemon-lime soda (Sprite, 7-up, or the like)
10 lb bag cubed ice

Preparation:
In a large cooler, mix together the frozen lemonade concentrate, the frozen limeade concentrate, and HALF of the water specified in the instructions on the can. Add the bag of ice and the 2-liters of soda. Stir vigorously until all is mixed. Let it sit for an hour or two, stir gently once more, and enjoy!

A little more than a gallon depending on how much the ice melts. I usually make it a couple of hours ahead of time so that it's not so tart--more ice melts and dilutes it a little.

I usually double it though--use two cans of lemonade and a full-sized can of limeade and 2 two liter sodas. Especially when sharing.

When you make this ahead of time do you ice it or just mix it and refrigerate and add ice when you put it on the table?

How long would this keep in the fridge?

Sorry to leave you hanging for 3 weeks, Derek.

When I make it ahead of time, I just ice it. I mix it up in a 5 gallon cooler and then it can sit out and not take up valuable fridge space. If I'm making it more than a couple hours ahead of time, I don't add the lemon-lime soda until about the last hour before it's time to drink it.

I keep leftovers in the fridge for a day or two, but it tends to go flat.

Back