Ordered a Pitminder

Jim Babek

TVWBB Pro
After reading all the posts and debating between the pitminder and digiqII I ended up ordering the Pitminder. I just purchased another ET-73 (this is the third one) and figured I wouldnt use or need the extras on the Digiq. The only nice feature I would have liked was the automatic shutoff when you lift the lid, and Im not certain just how automatic that is. Anyways, I hope Im not disappointed. Thanks to everyone for all the great info about the products in all the other posts.

That's a feature I'd really like to have too. I've been unplugging the fan and plugging it back in a few minutes after replacing the lid with my Competitors .. Hasn't been that big a deal .. Haven't forgotten yet... (knock on wood)

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

@Jim: I've been following the threads on here and looking at the DigiQ II vs. the Pit Minder myself. Like you, I'm mostly looking to control the temp of the cooker. You'll have to let us know how it works out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
That's a feature I'd really like to have too. I've been unplugging the fan and plugging it back in a few minutes after replacing the lid with my Competitors .. Hasn't been that big a deal .. Haven't forgotten yet... (knock on wood)

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Would love to have that feature on my Competitor, the reason I'm thinking about the Digi Q.
I have though. Also forgot to open the dampner to allow air to blow in once.
icon_redface.gif

As a guy Id definately love to have all the bells and whistles and it being bonus season I could have gotten the DigiQ. However, this being bbq, and me feeling somewhat guilty about even getting a guru (for whatever reason I feel like its cheating...then again I need sleep) I know I wont use or need the extra features and I can always use the extra hundred bucks to buy the kids a treat.

I do think Im gonna tape a note to the handle to unplug it....otherwise Im gonna be kinda bent the first time I forget.

Back