Heat Jacket for a Weber Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Granzeau

TVWBB Member
Hi,

I have often thought that a heat jacket for a Weber Kettle would allow for very long, low-temperature burns with very little charcoal.

Kind of a BGE.

Any thoughts?

Tim

BBQ Guru sells the "Silver Bullet Jacket" for the WSM. It's intended purpose is to allow you to use the WSM in adverse weather conditions, or during periods of high winds. In a round about way it also serves as a heat jacket. The jacket is meant to be used with either their pitminder or Digi Q II. Check it out.

Hi,

The WSM jacket won't fit a 22 1/2" kettle.

I'm wondering about the 1000 degree aluminized fiberglass material. If it can be purchased and sewn on a normal sewing machine.

Any thoughts?

Tim

I would think that BBQ Guru will come out with a DigiQII setup and Silver Bullet Jacket for the new 22.5 WSM

BBQ Guru will be shipping the 22.5 Silver Bullet Jacket starting tomorrow. I have one on order. Ask for Sarah. The DigiQ works very well with it. I had this set up on my 18.5.

I made my own smoker jacket for my 18.5" WSM.

I've done a lot of smoking on my OTG, mostly using the fire brick method, and I know how little fuel it uses. I wouldn't bother making a jacket for smoking on the OTG just because the WSM+jacket is already so efficient and is much better as a smoker.

I am toying with the idea of making an OTG jacket, but to help reach higher temperatures - I'm in to making pizza at the moment, and I'm on a quest to reach higher temperatures to cook the pizza as quickly as possible. Since I would need to lift the lid more frequently than when smoking I'm thinking about making a two-piece set with a 'skirt' for the charcoal bowl and a 'hat' to cover the lid.

-Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back