Winter pastrami making ! :)

Louis

TVWBB Fan
Ok it is sunday and i am trying pastrami for the first time. My brisket has been curing for 5 1/2 days now and i wish it is going to be enough ! It soaked for 4 hours after the rinse and i just started the cooking.

I am smoking using maple and i'll add a little cherry wood later.

like i said ... it's winter !
678ce902.jpg

ready to cook
4-1.jpg

the set up ...
1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

and there it is the final pics ... but it seems 5 days whs't enought the meat isn't as perfect as i wanted it ... but hey, it is still god **** good
icon_smile.gif
won't last long

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

Louis, home made pastrami is on my bucket list. Such an inspiration! Don't forget to post pics of it sliced, please.
icon_wink.gif
What recipe did you use for the cure?

hi gary,

i used the dry cured pastrami recipe that is on the web site (virtualweberbullet.com) but i added 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika in the cure and another 1 tablespoon in the cooking rub.

Also, over here, i cannot find curing salt so i used 5g of salpeter (potassium nitrate) i ordered from my local drugstore.

It's now a 155 F, maybe 1h30 left ...

have a nice day

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, over here, i cannot find curing salt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's available online, or won't the US places ship to Canada? There must be a Canadian supplier you can order from.

yes Gary there is a member who gave me a link last week to a company that ship to canada
icon_smile.gif
i already ordered some !

Back