Another Saturday Night Steakout...

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
After a long week in the plant and eetin' stuff, I found these and seasoned them with Penzey's "Chicago Steak Seasoning" and fresh ground pepper (like I always do).
A little Olive oil on em before the seasoning...
Thought the Weber Gold Gasser was being negleted so I fired her up. Tossed the sirloins on the hot grill for just under four minutes the 1st side, then flip them for an additional four minutes to finish them off. Placed a loose foil cover over them while I added a couple of oiledRomaine lettuce hearts to the hot top.
Turning every minute or so for about 5 minutes, they were ready to come off the Gold gasser as well.
Cut up the Romaine, plop down a spud or two, and serve up the sirloin.
Saturday night food: Lampe Style.

Holy smokes Jim glad you didn't label it as an easy evening meal. I have to tell you it looks great. Bet you had a good time putting that one together. Looks dynamite. Good job. Bob B

Thanks Bob. It was quite easy. The most difficult part was washing the dinner dishes.
Thanks G! I love grill Romaine! I have it more often in the summer months. So easy to grill. And so tasty!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash: We do the romaine hearts all the time like that. Love em!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Don!
Ain't They GREAT?! Saw this on television years and years ago . . . been doing ever since. Had friends over and they thought I lost my marbles.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Had friends over and they thought I lost my marbles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've had that very sentiment expressed on multiple occasions...until they tasted the finished product.
icon_biggrin.gif

We usually cut them in half lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkled with S&P. Grill cut side down just until they get a little color. Plate them whole and drizzled with Caesar dressing...Awesome!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash:
We usually cut them in half lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkled with S&P. Grill cut side down just until they get a little color. Plate them whole and drizzled with Caesar dressing...Awesome!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same here Don, though last night the hearts were so small, I decided to keepem whole on the grill. They're soo tasty, could have em every night.
icon_razz.gif

(but then, I'm always hungry!)

OT:

This website has been reported as unsafe
good-times.webshots.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.
Go to my home page instead

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

Clint, is that the message you received?
i'll have to delete it from my computer and start with a new site like photobucket...

OT: A box popped up just after the picture loaded that said something like "this website uses Java, click here to not see this message again". I don't like those little pop up boxes at all; from what I understand, clicking even on the "X" in the upper right hand corner is a nice way to install a virus. I'm probably a little too cautious, but I always Ctrl/alt/del "end task" out of those. FWIW

Back