Pork Chops, on a snowy afternoon (pic heavy)

Stuart S

TVWBB Pro
The weather during the day today was pretty warm, hovering right around 32f for most of the day. The daughter and I decided to fix up some pork chops for dinner.

First, we surveyed the damaged gazebo frame you may remember from such posts as Bonehead Move of the Year.
Jan28-4.jpg

Then we set about to getting the coals on fire and making this guy.
Jan28-3.jpg

I feel really sorry for anyone that doesn't have a daughter as cool as this one that hears bbq and gets her coat and boots on before you can grab the charcoal out of the garage.
Jan28-11.jpg

Just as the light was dying outside we set about to cooking these pork chops which were seasoned in my all purpose rub.
Jan28-1.jpg

Meanwhile these were going in the oven in the house. Seasoned with olive oil, granulated garlic and Italian Seasoning.
Jan28-2.jpg

In no time at all the chops were smothered in Sweet Baby Ray's Honey and looked like this.
Jan28-5.jpg

And the taters looked like this.
Jan28-7.jpg

Then they got turned out onto a plate.
Jan28-8.jpg

Everything was promptly served with some spaghetti squash.
Jan28-9.jpg

And then followed by some of this easy to make Chocolate Pudding Pie with toasted coconut.
Jan28-10.jpg

As always, my apologies for my long winded posts, and thank you all in advance for any comments you may have!!

Looks great Stuart! That potatoe cake is one cool side dish. Great pics/cute daughter/thin chops
icon_wink.gif

Would love to have a plate like that for dinner.

Awesome looking dinner. My pile of junk looked just like that...what a pain in the A** its was to pull it all apart and take it to the dump.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
Every shot's a winner!

out of curiosity, what camera/lens are you using? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nikon D90 with a Nikor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 on these shots, set to apature priority on 1.4...the plane of focus at 1.4 is maybe a little too shallow for food shots though. I like desaturating the background and all, but theres only a very narrow band in focus in the middle of these shots so I think I'm going to shoot at 2.8 the next time I do food shots.

I did manage to get bokeh on the pork chops though...which may be a first!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I feel really sorry for anyone that doesn't have a daughter as cool as this one that hears bbq and gets her coat and boots on before you can grab the charcoal out of the garage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And adorable. I too share the pride. My daughter, in her first apartment at college, loves to cook and frequently sends us photos of her accomplishments. Wonder where she got that weird idea?
Glad to see you've recovered from the deck disaster. The food looks top notch and the photos (chops!) are beautiful. Be well - G

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nikon D90 with a Nikor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 on these shots, set to apature priority on 1.4...the plane of focus at 1.4 is maybe a little too shallow for food shots though. I like desaturating the background and all, but theres only a very narrow band in focus in the middle of these shots so I think I'm going to shoot at 2.8 the next time I do food shots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that my friends is why I have a point and shoot. Great looking pictures and food Stuart

Great looking cook Stuart. Glad all is well way out west. Going to be one happy scrap scavenger when you put that twisted mass of aluminum out at the curb.

Back