new guy needing advice

G

hey all, im new to this forum, and have a couple questions. i have a Large BGE and a stock Stoker. I also bought a wireless router to set-up my remote monitering. i haev read alot of the posts from the past and have incountered some of the issuse you all have covered (fan sticking on, extreme temp drop without fan comming on). but all in all i love the stoker and the way it works. but now im ready for the next stage of the game.

after reading the "NOTICE" about the alpha upgrade im a little iffy on that with the holidays comming up and the chance of something not working right after updating. has anyone ever had something go wrong and need sent back? or am i just a chicken?

i saw the post for the latest and greatest version 4, and will download it this weekend (in out of town right now). im wanting to do a couple butts sunday and would love to have it set up for that to be able to go to bed and not worry about it.

will the logger work as well with the old firmware, or is it better to have the new version?

i just forgot i had another question. after all the upgrades to the stoker have benn done, how does it compare to the digiq II? just curious...

thanks for any input..

Ray

Sorry that nobody responded. In my case, I upgraded the Stoker firmware well before I started playing with Stokerlog, so I can't say how it would have worked with the original firmware. I also have a wireless access point set up to transmit Stoker data to my network, but I haven't yet used it on a real cook (just short simulations while beating my head against the wall trying to get the wireless access point to talk to the router). So, it wasn't that nobody cared about your question, I just don't think anyone had a really helpful answer.
icon_frown.gif

Back