Replacement Parts for Middle section

Derek Yoder

TVWBB Fan
I am getting a new middle section due to an out of round situation. It isn't a horrible out of round situation, but Weber still said that they will send out a replacement middle section. I am going to try and adjust it a little using the info from this board and use it as a double stacked smoker. With that being said I know that I will need to get a couple items to make it useable (new door and latch, new grates, and possibly new brackets...if I can't get new brackets then I guess I can just use longer screws). I saw on Weber's site that I can get a new top grate, but how about the bottom grate. Also, for those of you that got a new door via cajun bandit, do you have the old door (2009 model) sitting around that you want to sell? Any thoughts are apreciated.

A top grate works fine in both positions....that way you'll have handles on all grates
icon_wink.gif
In the bottom position it'll rest on the 4 lower stap bolts..a couple inches above the water pan...better IMO, more smoke for the meat on the bottom rack
icon_smile.gif

Derek, I had a replacement middle come in from weber and I did come with new bolts and straps.

Well the new middle section came today...talk about fast, Weber said that it would take 7-10 days, so 2 days is obviously much better. It did come with the brackets, so I just need to get food grates and a door/latch. Which brings me to my next question. I can get the door, and grates easy enough, but what can I do about a new latch?

Back