1, 14 1/2 oz. can Tomato(s), crushed
1 1/2 cups Chicken stock
2 tablespoons Ancho chile, fine grind
2 tablespoons New Mexico chile, fine grind
1 tablespoon Black pepper, Telicherry, fine grind
3 teaspoons Chile de Arbol, fine grind
2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Oregano, dried
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper(160,000 SVU)

DUMP 1: Beef, pork bone, onion, 2 tsp. cumin, 2 tsp. ground red chile. Brown. Retain all juices.

DUMP 2: Soup, chicken stock, tomatoes, 1 TBS. each of Ancho, New Mexico and black pepper, 1 tsp. chili de arbol. Quietly simmer 45 minutes.

DUMP 3: 1 TBS each of Ancho and New Mexico, 1 tsp. chili de arbol, 2 tsp. salt. Simmer quietly for 45 minutes.

DUMP 4: 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. chili de arbol, 1 tsp. oregano, 1/2 tsp. cayenne . Simmer for 30 minutes.

Remove pork bone and adjust for heatness and salt levels.

TURN-IN!!

Makes 2 quarts

Stogie

I love messing with these ICS chili recipes. The 2 and 3 dump methods are the best. What I do is check out the chili sites and pick out 2 or 3 that I think look interesting and combine what I like best about each of them.

In fact, a buddy of mine and I do a head-to-head chili cookoff every winter at my house. We each tweak our recipes and show up and do battle. Friends and family members do a blind judging. We make them vote, and write smart-*** comments about the chili. Then we make them read the comments aloud. It's an absolute hoot and great party!

Back