White Chocolate Mousse

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
This is part 2 of the recipe for Paul K's catering event. This mousse is served in chocolate shells and topped with raspberry sauce.

White Chocolate Mousse

6 ounces finely chopped white chocolate
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp creme de cacao
2 large eggs whites, at room temperature
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream, chilled

In a double boiler over hot - not simmering - water, melt the white chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove the pan from the water.

In a heavy small saucepan, heat the white until it is hot. Pour the milk into a large bowl. Stir in the white chocolate until smooth. Mix in the creme de cacao. Let the chocolate mixture cool until tepid, about 10 minutes.

Using an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat the egg whites in grease-free medium bowl until they start to foam. Gradually increase the speed to high and continue beating until the egg whites form soft peaks. Gently fold the egg whites in the white chocolate mixture.

Using an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat the cream in a medium bowl until it forms soft peaks. Fold the cream into the chocolate-egg white mixture. Cover the bowl of mousse with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.

Paul - The shells are coming. I'm posting these separately between tasks around the house. I just made Kevin's marinara sauce with 7 pounds of tomatoes from my garden.

Jim

I hear ya brother. Did Jumpin Jim's chicken thighs again yesterday
icon_smile.gif
and getting ready to grill a nice thick top sirloin in a few.

Thanks!

Back