Registering WSM

I went to the Weber website and registered. Not sure if it does anything for us but it was pretty easy.

By registering it Weber knows exactly what make/model grill/smoker you have. Then if you have to call for a replacement part, they'll get you exactly what you need. They'll also have your name/address on file.

Just speeds up the process.

I got my WSM last friday and registered on Saturday. Sunday was my first cook and I had a problem with the built in thermometer. So I called Monday and was off the phone in 2 minutes because they had everything they needed from me registering.

Can't hurt.

Just about everyone registers their WSM and grills. In order to get parts under the warranty the products have to be registered.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, I've never registered anything and still get good warranty coverage. I think it's mostly for mfg survey use;.. the service people are always helpful and friendly anyway. Weber service folks ask you for the lid vent code and then provide warranty service based on that
icon_smile.gif

Thanks to all for answering my post. From what I understand the number that you use to register the WSM is on the lid damper. All mine says is the letters AD. Is that the code I use to register?

Thanks to all for answering my post. From what I understand the number that you use to register the WSM is on the lid damper. All mine says is the letters AD. Is that the code I use to register?

You are right.

When I registered that part kind of stumped me since it didn't give you any idea where to find the number. But when I saw the 2 letter combination I had to choose from, I remember reading about the letters stamped on the vent on this board.

8 years later. I registered my 2014 Genesis as well as my 2020 WSM 18.5 “ when I received them. S/N can be found on the box if it hasn’t already been assembled,

Last edited:
Since most people perform mods to there WSM, registering it is basically a moot point. There are numerous websites that offer OEM parts in the event a replacement is needed.

Since most people perform mods to there WSM, registering it is basically a moot point. There are numerous websites that offer OEM parts in the event a replacement is needed.

Disagree.

You also must register it to receive warranty.

I registered my kettle at 9 yrs old......and they sent me new bowl for it.theres no time limit to register, except warrant period. All need is year code and store where you think you bought it. All they want is photos of the defect. They don't care what else is done. My tack welds for leg supports rusted thru....the welds caused bumps...the bumps caused the one touch wiper to rub porcelain off...bare steel corroded thru...legs got shaky. After 8-9 yrs.

I had...repaired legs with screws/bolts drilled thru, had hinge drilled in, etc. No issue. One week later I put a new bottom bowl on.

I'm 100% sure they would replace lid too because a little rust around handle welds.....but I'm not gonna ask for that.

Last edited:
Registering Weber grills will not only help with warranties but also increase the chances that Weber will give discounts on parts that are out of warranty.

I register everything online, was even able to register my new to me Performer as previous owner hadn't.

Makes it easy when you call in for parts and give them your serial number. Also when you register it, it makes it easier to find schematics and stuff in event you need themScreenshot_20210116-101229.png

Disagree.

You also must register it to receive warranty.

I registered my kettle at 9 yrs old......and they sent me new bowl for it.theres no time limit to register, except warrant period. All need is year code and store where you think you bought it. All they want is photos of the defect. They don't care what else is done. My tack welds for leg supports rusted thru....the welds caused bumps...the bumps caused the one touch wiper to rub porcelain off...bare steel corroded thru...legs got shaky. After 8-9 yrs.

I had...repaired legs with screws/bolts drilled thru, had hinge drilled in, etc. No issue. One week later I put a new bottom bowl on.

I'm 100% sure they would replace lid too because a little rust around handle welds.....but I'm not gonna ask for that.
I wouldn’t have the nerve to do that considering it appears your mod was the reason.

Even on my new to me Performer, i called to get some new wheel covers, i was going to pay for them, but they offered to send them for free

I wouldn’t have the nerve to do that considering it appears your mod was the reason.
Mods had nothing to go with it.
Defective spot welding where leg mounts attached raised bumps on inside surface of bowl, the one touch ash wiper removed the porcelain from those bumps....9 little bare metal spots about 1/4" diameter.

Those bare spots then rusted thru from heat, etc and legs became barely attached. About half the weld spots totally rusted thru. A couple welds were still attached.

I fixed it...by drilling the leg mount tabs and bolting the legs to bowl, using washers backing up the screws, bigger than holes. Then I notched the wiper to pass over the screw/washers. Used it that way about 2 years.....before deciding to warranty it. Actually I tried originally but got frustrated with the online process and I quit, forgot about it for 2 years..... I don't use wiper to adjust airflow on kettle, so the little 3/16"deep notches I nibbled on the al wipers to pass over screw heads don't bother me

Last edited:

Back