Hot Crackers! (with pics)

Chris in Louisiana

TVWBB All-Star
Crackers with a kick.

Not sure where this recipe started, but these spicy crackers are great. I got the recipe from my mother, who always makes the crackers to go with gumbo. I see several similar recipes on the web.

We had them tonight with BBQ chicken and baked potatoes. It was a good match.

They have a nice kick, and the ranch dressing mix adds lots of flavor.

I use Nabisco Multigrain Premium saltines.

DSC_0139-1.jpg

DSC_0139-1.jpg

Hot Crackers

2 Sleeves of Crackers
3/4 Cup Canola Oil
½ pkg dry ranch dressing mix
2 tsp crushed red pepper
½ tsp ground red pepper
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

preheat oven 250 degrees

Mix all ingredients except crackers.

Cover cookie/baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread crackers on parchment paper covered cookie/baking sheet.

Evenly pour ingredient mixture over crackers. Using a spatula, lightly rotate crackers while coating with ingredient mixture.

Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Half way through, gently flip crackers using spatula.

To slightly brown the crackers, turn broiler on low for a few minutes. Be sure to flip the crackers to brown both sides. Watch very carefully as the broiler will burn the crackers quickly.

I'm glad you posted this recipe. I had these in a bar once and they where so good. I tried a recipe like this a few weeks ago but it did not say to bake. Just coat in plastic bag and turn every few minutes. They just did not taste that great. I will try again with your recipe.

Thanks for that recipe Chris!I will definitely try those with an ice cold beer or cocktail. They look addicting!

Back