Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri Rojo

Dan N.

TVWBB Pro
Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri Rojo

This has become a weekly favorite and doesn’t really take that long to prepare (30 – 45 minutes).

Prepare the chimichurri roho:

Whisk together:
½ - cup red wine vinegar
¼ - cup olive oil
3 - T. tomato paste
2 - T. garlic, minced
1 - T. sugar
1 - t. ground cumin
1 - t. ground black pepper
1 t. red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

Whisk all together in a large bowl. I like to sit in fridge for awhile to allow flavors to blend.

Threading the flank steak:
1 ½ - lb. flank steak

Prepare the steak by slicing against the grain at 45º angle into ¼” strips. If sliced properly the center strips will have the width of a slice of bacon.. Toss the meat in chimichurri to coat. Thread strips onto metal skewers by folding each strip accordion-style and then spearing through the center with the skewer.

Time to grill:

Set up grill for indirect heat. I begin by placing skewers on the cold side to warm up meat and chimichurri for about 10 minutes rotating skewers back to front moving closer to direct heat. Finish off over direct heat for just a couple of minutes.

Adapted from Cuisine At Home

We do Chimichurri from time to time but I've never tried it on skewers . . . interesting. Also, my recipe looks a little different than yours. From memory mine calls for Parsley and Cilantro. I'll have to try the "roho" sometime. Thanks for the post!

Back