Brisket Knife Needed

I Marks

TVWBB Member
I made my first high-temp brisket which was glorious thanks to all the good advice here. But I ended up butchering it with a bad knife. What's a good recommendation for a slicing knife for brisket, turkey, etc. that's not too expensive and that will hold its sharpness?

I, lots of good info on this site re: knives. HERE'S a quick search I ran with "knife" or "knives" in the subject.

I have Forschner and Henckle and I think my Forschner slicer is my favorite.

Call it cheating,but I use an electric knife to slice brisket and turkey. Got it at WM for about $15 and does a great job. Also,that chuckle-head Myron Mixon uses one!

I have a granton edge Forschner slicer and am very pleased with it.

I have thought about picking up an electric knife to try out but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you looking for something high end, I would recommend a sujihiki/slicer. You can get them from chefknivestogo.com. They start around 70 bucks for a very good one and they go as far as you want spend.

I just happened to see an episode of Cooks Country today and they tested slicing knives. They recommend the Forschner's for price and quality. It's on my shopping list...

Back