Weber 9890 rotisserie

Rusty Barton

TVWBB Pro
I just bought a Weber #9890 Rotisserie , new in the box on Craigslist for $ 45. The original owner said they bought it for their non-Weber grill and it didn't fit. They paid $ 80 for it and had lost the receipt.

The rotisserie bar is 39-inches long and is too large to store in the below grill cabinet. I attached two "S" hooks to existing bolts on the back legs of the grill cart and the rotisserie bar hangs nicely from those hooks and is out of the way when not in use.

Not sure I see the point of upgrading a grill which is the bottom end of Weber's line. Only two burners and smaller than the rest.

With as much time as you appear to spend on Craigslist, why not pick up a 3-burner Genesis or maybe even a Summit? Then you'd have something.

edited to add: Well Rusty, if you're going to edit your post to remove all the comments about upgrading your Spirit 210, then that makes my post look pretty silly, doesn't it. I don't get it.

I received (for my birthday) that exact rotisserie for my Silver B. I've already used it a couple times with very good results. I like it a lot.

I store the motor inside the house...but I ran into the same problem you did with where to store the spit. I like your hook idea. Does it pose any problems when you have the cover on?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill C.:
I received (for my birthday) that exact rotisserie for my Silver B. I've already used it a couple times with very good results. I like it a lot.

I store the motor inside the house...but I ran into the same problem you did with where to store the spit. I like your hook idea. Does it pose any problems when you have the cover on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just position the forks facing each other in the center of the spit. Make sure both thumbscrews are facing outward. Positioned like that, the spit hugs the side of the grill cart and the cover fits fine.

Back