Easy Clam Chowder

Rick Kramer

TVWBB All-Star
Here's a clam chowder recipe my wife got from her Aunt Jerry about 20 yrs. ago. Story has it, it's either a knockoff version or the actual version of a recipe from a once popular family restaurant in St. Charles, Mo. called Noah's Ark. The structure of the restaurant was a huge ark. Complete with lifesize replica animals. It was a really great place to take the kids, kinda like a Rainforest Cafe without all of the animation. And the food was great! For reasons unknown to me, they have since closed down. Here's the recipe:

Easy Clam Chowder

ingredients:
3 cans cream of potato soup (Campbells)
2 cans New England clam chowder (Campbells)
1 qt. half & half
1/2 stick of butter
1 can minced clams/drained
1 small onion/chopped

Saute onion in butter till clear. Add drained clams. Heat up for a minute or so (not long). Put all ingredients in a crock pot, set on low and cook for 4 hrs. Stir occasionally.

For as easy as it is to make, it tastes awesome!

Enjoy,
Rick

I can vouch for this recipe. My Mom has made this for at least 20 years. It's so simple but Oh so good. The 1 stick of butter is key. Know get that thought out of your head about using that Margarine crap in there.
icon_biggrin.gif

A New England kind of day. Pats in the Super Bowl and clam chowder in the crock pot. One was really good and the other one wasn't. I'm a happy man. Way to go Giants!

Back