Aussie Q Evangelism

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just had to exercise my Aussie braggin' rights.

My workplace recently had a "pot-luck" (I think that's what "youse" Americans call it) lunch for a work-mate before his wedding.

Pork butt was on "special" at my local supermarket and I was ROOLY hanging out to cook butt on my trusty WSM.

In fact I did 2, 5 pound butts on the trusty bizzo.

My method was essentially the Chris A method using a mustard slather followed by a rub. (My rub was a combination of leftover rubs (other than BRITU) following essentially SC recipes)

After about 10 hours at 240?, I took the butts off the WSM & "foiled" them & put them in an Esky (Oz-speak for "cooler")

*As an aside, my trusty maverickremote check died in the arse, so I wasn't awakened at optimum temperature as I'd hoped, but I was getting up early anyway, so no real problem*

I pulled one of the butts 4 hours after being Esky-ed and tossedit with a mid-SC mustard sauce I found on the KCBS FAQ site.

I served it with slices of cheap white bread (with more mustard sauce on the side if necessary)

I'm proud (as a WSM operative, not as a true Blue Aussie as such) to report that the plate of BBQ Butt was the only plate to be empty after the first round.

(the second butt was tossed with mustard sauced and divvied up into ziploc bags & frozen)

I was chuffed after the event when people kept asking how the pork was prepared. Everyone remarked how they'd never tasted such tender and juicy ;pork in their lives.

Just for your info, mates.

BTW: Australia is in a period of mourning this week; our greatest cricketer (cricket being the bat and ball game that Australians follow, in the same way as youse Americans follow baseball) Sir Donald Bradman died on Sunday, aged 92. His batting average was 99.4: had he not been got out for no score in his last game, his average would have been over 100. Nobody else in cricket, ever, has been able get an average over 50. "The Don" will never be forgotten in cricketing nations. He is, and will always be, Australia's favorite son.

Great post! I enjoy hearing real life success stories like this one, and it also helps expand my vocabulary (chuffed, Esky, youse, rooly, etc.)
smile.gif

Keep it smokin' down under,
Chris

I think I know what your problem is, Jock. Those Maverick thermometers are made for use in the northern hemisphere; using them "down under" confuses them, leading to premature failure. When you get your replacement, try mounting it upside down (or would it be, putting the battery in backward?) to see if that will help.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back