Greek shish kabob

David R

TVWBB Member
This is a tasty recipe and very easy.

Cut up some lamb (we buy a whole leg) into 1" cubes and place in a plastic or glass container. Coat liberally with lemon juice. Sprinkle on greek seasoning (1 part salt, 1 part ground pepper, 1 part _ground_ oregano). Let sit in the fridge to marinate for a few hours.

Spear the cubes on kabobs. Sprinkle again with more greek seasoning. Put on a hot grill. Brush often with olive oil.

Goes well with rice and a greek salad.

I eat that along with tzatziki sauce and pita bread. BTW...how do you make your Greek salad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Helen Paradise:
BTW...how do you make your Greek salad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fresh garden tomatoes cut into eighths, stem to stern; sweet onions, similar; fresh baby garden cukes peeled and cut boldly, all three in proportions that please your palate. Sprinkle with kosher salt first. Then squeeze lemon liberally over everything, wetting down the salt. Add a slab of feta to the side of the bowl, then douse this treasure with quality evo (Trader Joe's Kalamata is one helluva oil for the price). Have some good artisan bread for sopping the bowl clean.

Like my mother used to say, "?? ??????? ?? ???????? ???."

Sheesh! You acutally made me break out the dictionary for threskia...

I don't use lemon, but add oregano. Douse is the exact word too. When I was a kid, I would call the left overs Olive Oil Soup. When my brother and I head over to the Mom's house now...we fight over who gets to wipe the dish. We all use the Trader Joe's Kalamata also. I think the Greeks keep them in business.

Back