Bracket for your ET-73

S

Steven

I have made a bracket for my ET-73. This was very easy, and required no drilling. I attached a small piece of wood to the bracket to insulate the thermometer. I have a link to a photo below.

ET-73 Bracket

I just melted my ET-73, one probe completely lost, and the transmitter looks like some Dali art. I think i'll be constructing this little bracket. Thanks for the picture.

Looks great Steve.

I would also be interested in more details/photo's on how it was made.

Thanks

ok, I made a bracket like Steven's tonight, using some strapping I found at home depot, its very thin metal and has some small and large holes. the large hole works without a washer to be held on by screw that holds the rack rests on the WSM.

After I got it on there, quite proud of myself, I decided to cover up the WSM since a storm was rolling in. Well, I discovered the fatal flaw with this bracket, it sticks way out and the cover doesn't go on easily!

I'm planning an improvement though. I haven't found it yet, but I want to get a hinge, that is tight enough it could support the weight of the transmitter and a bit of wood, but would allow me to fold the entire contraption flat to put the cover on the WSM. I'll post pics if I find the hinge and get it attached.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phillip Moore:
... but I want to get a hinge, that is tight enough it could support the weight of the transmitter and a bit of wood, but would allow me to fold the entire contraption flat to put the cover on the WSM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Phillip, mount your hinge the way you want it, then when in use, simply support from underneath with a removeable block or bar. Even the right length of bolt or screw would do the job.

I have a new ET-73 which I have not tried yet. Included with mine was a simple wire hanger of sorts which allows the transmitter to hang on the lip under the cover and yet hold it away from the barrel 1"-2" and hopefully the heat.

Did any of you receive this wire hanger? If so have you used it and found the transmitter is too close to the barrel of the WSM and is being damaged?

Yes, the wire stand can be reversed to use as a hook. I've been using it like that for about 2 yrs without any damage or problems.
HTH

Tim

Back