Sautee'd Mushrooms & Red Pepper for Grilled Pork Loin Chops

Shawn W

TVWBB Emerald Member
Hey TVWB Memebers, this is a Shawn Original, though meant for 1" grilled pork loin chops it's OK for steaks too and just different enough that I thought I could share:

Pre-heat sautee pan to medium high, add generous amount of butter, then immediately sliced mushrooms (no more than 1" deep and before butter begins to smoke).

As soon as mushrooms give up juice and the juice has been nearly cooked off add some 1/4rd sliced onion, 1-2 cloves fresh minced garlic and some large cubed red pepper, continue sautee.

Once complete remove from heat then sprinkle a bit of fresh chopped cilantro and a light sprinkle of Montreal Steak Spice, cover for several minutes.

Complete cooking of pork loin chops, apply light sprinkle of Montreal Steak Spice immediately after flipping. The approach I take on my gasser is to cook as completely through from the first side then flip and finish for only a couple of minutes.

Remove cover and stir mushrooms, then smother finished loin chops with these beauties. A little white wine early on during sautee is an added plus (white burgundy was great).

I'm no chef folks, so your improvement suggestions are welcome.

Shawn

Shawn,

Sounds great! I'll give this a try. One question, though: Was the wine during the sautee for YOU or for the MUSHROOMS?
icon_wink.gif

Mark F.

Back