Apple Brined turkey results...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well, I smoked my first turkey last weekend using the apple brined turkey recipe in the recipe section of the forum. I violated a cardinal rule, which is to never cook something for guests until you've tried the recipe on family! All's well that end well, and the turkey came out great. Great flavor, the breast was very moist. Thanks for all the suggestions, it came out great.

Doug

Hey Doug?good go'in?I had the same results as this was the first turkey I'd ever smoked where the meat literally fell off the bone trying to retrieve it from the smoker! I'm sure that the WSM had its share in the results!

I'll trade your guests for my highly constructively critical family?.just kidding?.I depend on them to tell the truth even if they are sick from my culinary offerings!

This Thanksgiving I intend smoking two turkeys?.one using this recipe and one using the 'Holiday Turkey' recipe from the Jamison's 'Sublime Smoke' recipe book. Both produce out of sight results as attested to by friends and family alike!?.. John

I used this recipe in a turkey roaster..stuffed the turkey with an apple/sausage cornbread stuffing...it was total yum. I could have did without the apples in the stuffing though...

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back