Ever seen this colour?

Eric Enoc

TVWBB Member
Today i took in my "workhorse" Shes been standing tucked away outside since i got my new 26er. But today i felt so sorry for her. So i took her in and gave her i nice bath.

After readin the whole tread "family portraits" i noticed that i couldnt find anyone with the same colur as my first grill. And when i try to remember im not sure ive ever seen one ither.

This is my four year old. August. Hes also in to BBQ

This is a 2006. The handels says special edition.

I have used the 26er for 8 month now. Even tho i use my grill at least 3 times aweek i havent gotten the right feeling for my 26er yet. So tonight im tucking away my 26er. Starting to use my 22er again.

Im sure the 26er will find its way back to my porch when summer arrives. When theres often more people to cook to.

Good night from Sweden.

I think Crate and Barrel may have offered this grill prior to the current color they offer called "grass green". I have seen the smokey joe and Performer in this color pop up from time to time on Craigslist...but I havent pulled the trigger on one yet for my collection.

Well i have herd those 26érs is not that great.

But since you are a fellow swede i can actually lift that weight off you shoulders.

Send it to me and enjoy your 22"
icon_wink.gif

Really dig that color!

I picked up a "Dove Grey" 22.5" kettle on Craigslist for $10. It's in relatively good condition; needs a little cleaning & restoration. There was no date code on the exhaust daisy wheel. It has 3 daisy wheels for intake on the underside, as opposed to the newer OTS. Also, the lose handle is wood, with 2 screws, instead of just one in the center. I'm not sure when that particular model/color was made.

Great looking grill Eric. Love that color. And if I haven't said so already, welcome to the board! Always good to see some more Swedes on here (not that I'm Swedish, although we do have 2 Saabs and enough Ikea to be honorable Swedes).

That's a really nice color Eric! It looks like a little darker gray than the Dove Gray to me, but that may just be fron not using the flash. I have a picture of a gray Master Touch that was for sale a few months back that I couldn't get to, but it was definitly a Dove Gray. It didn't have the black handles or the black triangle at the bottom. There also wasn't a black handle on the top vent. I am pretty sure yours is a special edition, sold only on Europe and a special color. It's very nice.

I really like the Master Touch models and am just finishing a royal blue one. I always wanted a royal blue one, but would trade you in a second!
icon_smile.gif

That colour is awesome. Would look so nice next to my steel grey Genesis e330. If I could buy new or used, that's the colour I'd get.

When did Weber stop making the Mastertouch? I thought it was around 2000 when they made the switch to the OTG and did away with the lid bale and thermometer lid. It sure is a nice color, nice black handles. I have perfomers in this color but a Mastertouch.

Eric, we need a photo in the daylight to see the grill better. It almost looks like a metallic finish to me. This would leave out the dove grey that is non metalic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timothy Hoffman:
Eric, we need a photo in the daylight to see the grill better. It almost looks like a metallic finish to me. This would leave out the dove grey that is non metalic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I have a real Dove Gray from Crate & Barrel. I can't really say it's a metallic, but it also isn't exactly solid. It is a really nice color though. I also have a C&B SJG in dove grey that has some metallic and is just a little darker. I just think it's a little newer than my grey Master Touch. I will try and post pics of them together soon. having said all of that, I don't think Weber ever sold your model here in the U.S.A. I really like yours. It's probably steel gray. I wish they would offer that color here.

06 was the only year Crate & Barrel offered the performer & sjg in dove grey. Prior & later years were all green.Your model was not sold in the US.It is by far my favorite color.You have a way cool grill my friend.

Back