Go Anywhere vs Baby Q 100

Noe

TVWBB Wizard
Been thinking lately of getting a portable gas grill for a quick steak, veggies etc....
Can't decide on either the Go Anywhere or the Q 100, the cost does not matter. Any info on these grills would be appreciated.

I have the q120. Not good for in-direct. You'll have to step up to Q220 for in-direct.

The q100 has a more even heat over the whole surface(than the go anywhere).

You can do indirect on the Q's short of the multi burner 300 series, but it requires some ingenuity. Look for Phil Hartcher's posts using a wire grate and some aluminum foil.

As between a Q series and the Go Anywhere, I would definitely vote for the Q. I don't have the Q100, but I have the Q220 and a Char Q. These come with cast iron grates that really help with even cooking and which leave killer grill marks.

Here's a pic of my Q220.

The Red was done a few years ago for Ace Hardware - at least that's where I got this one.

I think you will be happy with the Q.

Pat

The go anywhere is a fantasic grill and more often than not, it's the grill I bring camping. Based on my 220, I think that the 100 would would be superior to the go anywhere in every way other than size and weight. I know the 100 is a little less in every way than the 220 but in conclusion, the go anywhere does quite a bit, quite well, but it is isn't on par with the "Q" grill(s).

Back