Got the Maverick ET-732 today!

SMeadows

TVWBB Member
Got the new Maverick today. Thing looks awesome! can't wait to give it a try. Ordered it Friday morning and got it today - great service from Iron Pig BBQ!

Glad to hear it made it safe and sound...
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Mine (now several weeks old) will FINALLY get it's virgin cook tomorrow with a 9 lb Boston Butt. I had the misfortune to do a large multi-meat smoke the day BEFORE it came in the mail. Since then, it has been sitting here beside me TAUNTING!

Rich

Originally posted by RichPB (richlife):
Mine (now several weeks old) will FINALLY get it's virgin cook tomorrow with a 9 lb Boston Butt. I had the misfortune to do a large multi-meat smoke the day BEFORE it came in the mail. Since then, it has been sitting here beside me TAUNTING!

Rich

Ok, my first "in use" review of the E-732. It's great! All working just fine and I'm not outside in the cold trying to do a long smoke! Here I sit with the receiver which a short time ago told me it was time to remove the almonds. Butt temp is now 95* and grate temp is 230*.

The receiver did loose contact a while ago (a little after the 2 hour point), but re-linked itself in about 10 seconds.

I went for a short walk with the dog with full confidence I could see what was happening in the WSM. SO MUCH BETTER than the non-remote thermometer I have.

Edit: One thing to add. I don't think the instructions mentioned that if the meat temp is 32* or less, the display shows "LLL". After two days of thawing, the butt still had a frozen core. Took about a half hour for the temp to go up and start showing actuals.

Rich

Originally posted by Stefan B:
Chris - is shipping still included to Canada via USPS? Calgary, Alberta T3E 7J3

Let me check what it would cost and we'll talk. I used to ship stuff up there and the extra paper work is such a PITA.

Back