Luna Coffee Stout Peppered Beef

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Basically followed Larry's recipe...
butt used only one jalapeno (seeds and all), one red bell, and two poblano peppers (seeds and all), including a red onion, gaaaalic Worchestershire and stout beer.
DSCN7669.JPG

Instead of Guinness,
this was used.
DSCN7670.JPG

Green Bay Brewing Company's Luna Coffee Stout.
Seasoned the 3.59lb chuck with plenty of S&P.
DSCN7671.JPG

Probed for an internal temp of 165ºF and placed on the WSM.
DSCN7674.JPG

...along side a cow bone.
DSCN7675.JPG

Set the therm, now let's drink beer.
DSCN7679.JPG

Checked it out after an hour or two ....
DSCN7680.JPG

...to add some stuffed 'shrooms.
DSCN7681.JPG

a mixture of creme cheese, artichoke hearts, asiago cheese, sundried tomatoes, spinach and gaaaalic is/was the filling.
DSCN7682.JPG

Should have kept them on longer than i did butt what the hay?...
DSCN7683.JPG

DSCN7684.JPG

Once the chuck hit 165, i removed it from the WSM to it's resting place for the next 3 hours:
on the bed of all those peppers, onions, gaaaaalic and beer.
DSCN7686.JPG

Foiled the top tightly then cooked in the oven (again, for those 3 hours), removed, pulled the beef apart, mixed it all up...
cooked uncovered for another hour, then... the Magic!
DSCN7688.JPG

Unfortunately, I took no decent plated photos, so I did not include them.
Butt this stuff is sooooooooo good! I think I've made it four times now in the last 3 months!
If you haven't tried this, Please Do So!
And once again, I thank Larry Wolfe for sharing this most spectacular recipe with the World!
And thanks to you for dealing with my fun
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks to Jim Lampe, my head-hanging shame continues on.......he just keeps on shaming us with his magnificent talents and fantastic cooks. 2 Die 4 recipe and execution.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Butt this stuff is sooooooooo good! I think I've made it four times now in the last 3 months!
If you haven't tried this, Please Do So! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with you there Jim.

As a matter of fact it was one of your earlier posts of PSB that prompted me to make and it is all that. I'll just take the whole tin as my plate.

Jim, it always blows my mind how much cooking/smoking/grilling you manage to get done in a week. This one looks amazing as usual. I've never made peppered chuck like this, but it's on my bucket list now. Great stuff.
Oh, and those shrooms!

Looks fantastic Jim! Shrooms undercooked or not is out of this world. Im a big fan of filled hats that looks/sounds SWEET!

Food photo of the year!
DSCN7688.JPG

You done and went and outdid yourself Jim!
Potluck that at your next gathering and people will bow down when they see you!

Jim question? Did you notice any difference in useing Luna Coffee Stout over Guinness Stout?
Thanks for sharing.It sure made me hungary.
Chuck.

Making it today. Unfortunately, I am making it in the oven due to the blowing snow and wind today.

Started mine on a rack in the oven until it hits 165. Then ontop of the peppers in a stoneware cooker.

Update: Served this over garlic toast with some mozz cheese. My wife started in with OMG MTBO! Next thing I know the cat has his paws up on my leg looking for some. He loves it too!!

Back