Combo Thermapen? (IR / Thermapen)

Ryan Gardner

TVWBB Fan
Has anyone used one of these?

It's a thermapen, but has an IR sensor on it as well.

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/ir/combo_thermapen.html

It sells for the same price as their normal "super fast" thermapens, so something's gotta give... I'm assuming that the thermapen part of it isn't as fast as on the normal ones?

I'm not in the market for one (already have one of the "super fast" variety and absolutely love it), but since I occasionally give Thermapens out for wedding presents or such I am wondering if the IR / Thermapen is any good.

I just bought mine about 8 months ago, Dang. Maybe I will accidentally leave it at my moms house, and then need to replace it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Truelove:
but with the IR addition.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thought, well maybe I'll get a Thermapen now because of the IR. But once I looked at the specs of the IR, I was so dissapointed in that it only goes to 492º
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Truelove:
EDIT: Thanks Bryan....I haven't read the specs yet...just saw the 654 and 658 degree on the LED of the ad.....guess I better read up on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well specs say 428º not what I posted above (492º) so not sure if that's the specs for the probe or the IR.
icon_confused.gif
If it went to 1000º or more, I'd prob get one.

Wait a minute....if the ad shows two degree readings in the 600s.....what's up with the 428 max degree for one of them that you've read? Hmmmm....

Back