BigBossBrats & Oven-friedPotatoChips

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Visited Ray's in Greenfield and picked-up a half-dozen beer and onion bratwursts.
DSCN8254.JPG

Before those hit the grill, i used my new mandolin to slice thin three large red potatoes. I followed this recipe.
DSCN8258.JPG

Once those were in the oven, i got the big0l'brats on the grill with a coupla poblano peppers.
DSCN8263.JPG

Scored the sausage all sides direct...
DSCN8266.JPG

...then, finished them off indirect.
DSCN8269.JPG

DSCN8271.JPG

Served on SuperDuperFresh brat rolls (from local PickN'Save grocer) with thin-sliced Muenster & smoked Gouda cheeses along with the roasted poblanos.
DSCN8276.JPG

I drizzled a little dill sour creme and some chipotle sauce over a few of the chips...
DSCN8273.JPG

These brats were HUGE! 7 inches long & over an inch an' a half thick
icon_eek.gif
an' bustin' full of juicy delicious flavour!
DSCN8275.JPG

Yeah... i only ate one of the plated two
icon_razz.gif
butt the chips were history!
Tomorrow's breakfast & lunch is gonna be remarkable!
icon_biggrin.gif

Ray's bratwurst are some of the BEST around and I'll be noshin' on'um all summer long!
Thanks for your visit!

Jim, those brats look super tasty. I may have to make a road trip north to go to Ray's. Nice chips too. Great dinner!

Jim,
I'm happy to see that you're eetin' solid again, and Very happy to see pics of what you're eetin'!
Take that guts!!

Terrific looking brats and chips!

Reminds me that I need to dig my seldom used mandolin out of the drawer.

Jim, my hats off to you again my friend. You continue to amaze...
I loved the photo with the tracers (while flipping the brats). Those potatoes look awesome, as does the brats and peppers. Now my stomach is growling, thanks...
I have 12 lbs of buckhorn bacon curin' in the fridge, photos to come soon.

Jim, when I think of Wisconsin I think of Brats,Cheese, Cheeseheads and of course you. You turn out some of the best food that Wisconsin is known for. Great looking plate.

Hey what kind of music are you thinking about playing on your Mandolin? I'm not too talented with the string instruments.

Everything looks SUPER TaStY! And with a 13h work day behind me THIS

DSCN8275.JPG

Is what i wanna eat! Tasty dinner 4 sure Lampe.

Thanks for all your kind comments
icon_smile.gif

Bill, i 'specially loved the Rod tune, it's on my iPod (i had to check) butt i haven't heard it in years & years... ??groovin' tune? dude! Thanks!!

Looks fantastic Jim. I really like the look of those chips.

Bob - if you see this, check out the Oxo Mini-Mandolin. We use it a few times a week, and the full size model about once a year.

Back