another grate ?????

J Rector

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello Everyone

Anyone out there have the stainless grills with smoker box built in ???I have a silver b and was looking at the idea.

Thanks
Jeff

I've had several Weber gassers, because of different locations, primarily. I had a Genesis 2000 and added the smoker box accessory. My experience with the box was not parictularly good in so far as creating smoke. I now use a Silver B with PCI grates for direct high heat searing and grilling. For indirect, I go to my Performer or the WSM. When going indirect on the Performer, a handful on soaked chips works nicely.

Paul

For some reason I have been having better sucess with the smoker box on my Summit Platinum C4. Seems like I get the desired smokey flavor that I didn't get when the grill was new. I'm wondering if the grease build up on the interior of the hood has anything to do with it?

I purchased a small cheapo $10 smoker bod that I put on top of the flavorizer bars, that worked well with chips, but now I just use chunks that I put directly on the flavorizer bars. Just lift up on the grate with your tongs and place a chunk between 2 bars and it will smoke plenty.

$70 is a lot of $ for 1/2 a grate and a smoker box.

Back