Weber Wok Uses and Recipes

Phil Hartcher

TVWBB All-Star
In a previous post about the Grill Wok we had a few recipes and suggestions but it appears that the humble Wok is not a common used item on the Kettle. The following is the link to the previous discussion Grill Wok

I want to put together some recipes and uses for the Wok with various cultural themes and variations. I want to just use the SS Weber Wok for this project. I would appreciate any experiences that you have had with the wok, any suggestions and recipes so that I can put this together.

Thanks and Regards

Hi Phil, I just got my Wok in a couple days ago and am going to start the experimenting this week. I looked at your other recipes and am going to give them a try. Do you ahve any more you would be willing to share? Thanks!

Clark

Clark
I have done a few stirfries ands garlic prawn dishes in the wok. But mostly they are thrown together recipes using available ingredients.
I did Thai Prawns which were out of this world, however I didn't write down the ingrediants or quantities. Strange that you should dig this post out of the archives because I am going to try to do the Thai Prawns again this weekend.

A couple of hints.
Build a pyramid of coals under the centre of the wok and then flatten out slightly should be about 3 levels high.
Most dishes done in the wok require high heat and quick cooking.
Have a good pair of welding gloves to lift, toss.
To steam or retain cooking fluid cook with the lid on. To reduce fluid or thickencook with the lid off. 80% of your cooking with a wok will be with the lid off. Don't be afraid to use a lot of lump/briquettes. You can use cheap fuel for most of the cooking as it does not add to the taste, it is merely the heat source.
If you need to use a liquid use white, red or sparkling wine for a different taste.

You will need a good wok spanner (a fish type turner with a curved bottom edge) this is used to continually toss the food in the wok. Do not use a plastic one.

Regards

Back