Ballistic Bananas

Tony Weisse

TVWBB Super Fan
1/2 stick butter
1 habanero, seeded and cut into 2-3 pieces
3-4 ripe bananas, sliced lengthwise
Ice cream

Melt butter in frying pan. Add habanero and cook for about a minute. Add bananas. Cook on one side about 4-5 minutes until caramelized. Flip and do the same on the other side. Keep moving the pepper pieces around so all the bananas get some of the heat.
Serve with ice cream.

I know, sounds like an odd combo, but it's pretty tasty stuff.

Tony,

I thought it said Balsamic Bananas. That did not sound very appetizing.

Where is Nabob, WI? I thought I had heard of every town in the land of cheese.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Greenia:
Sounds interesting!
Ever try adding sugar, then the butter and then the hab to make a caramel? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Skip the hab. Fry the bananas. When they're pretty weel done, add a T. of brown sugar, a T of powdered sugar. Stir to dissolve. Add a good slug of rum or bourbon. But that's a different recipe!

I must say that the original recipe is really quite good. Sweet banana, some heat from the habanero, and a bit of ice cream to balance it all out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JRPfeff:
Where is Nabob, WI? I thought I had heard of every town in the land of cheese.

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In between West Bend and Allenton, just south of Hwy. 33. There really was a Nabob at one time, with a building that was a bar/dance hall/post office, a church, and a school. Now it's just a collection of old houses and a memory.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Weisse:
In between West Bend and Allenton, just south of Hwy. 33. There really was a Nabob at one time, with a building that was a bar/dance hall/post office, a church, and a school. Now it's just a collection of old houses and a memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dang. I went by there 2 weeks ago on HWY 33, just didn't know it. And went by Big Cedar on 144 last summer.

Tony - you need to light off that WSM more, I will find the smoke next time.

Jim

Back